Wednesday 14 August 2013

August 2013 Guest Designer Kim Ewins of Australia! And Some Exciting News!!




* See our current challenge HERE & our Wall of Fame HERE*

It's time to meet our August Guest Designer,
 the winner of our last challenge, Kim Ewins, from Australia!


Kim got to work straight away on our current sketch & mood board 
so her inspiration is up-to-the-minute & here she is sharing 
her ideas on how YOU can intrepret this lovely 
mood board/sketch combination. 

So come & play for great prizes & exposure!!


Here is the lovely Kim! Check out her blog HERE
Hi! My name is Kim Ewins & I live in a city called Orange, 
which is a 3-4 hour drive west of Sydney, Australia.

 My husband, Roy and I have 8, (yep! 8!!) wonderful children together. 
They range in age from 23 down to 6 years of age, (5 sons & 3 daughters.) 
We recently found out we are to be grandparents early next year, 
so that is very exciting……oh! The photos!!!

 I started scrapbooking about 6 months after the birth of my last child
 in 2006 & now wish I had started so much earlier.  I am currently on 
a couple of amazing Design Teams here in Australia including 

My style is along the grungy, shabby chic lines but I love to try new things 
& mix it up!  I love  working with neutrals & pastels & lately I have started
 venturing into water colouring on my layouts.  I love texture, buttons, 
lace trim, machine stitching & tea dyed canvas. 

A huge THANK YOU to Helen & the team here at 
Scrap around the World for this wonderful opportunity!


WOW!!  Another totally beautiful layout!


Such very delicate stencil work.  Life really is in the details!


Now for the exciting news!!  
Kim is contributing a tutorial especially for YOU right here!!!
Coming soon!

I want this blog to be a place where you not only come to play but also 
to learn new skills to try out to improve your repertoire & expand your capabilities.  

In return please support our challenges to make the running of this site worthwhile.
Thank you so much!!

Counting down to this challenge closing in just over 10 days!!!

Please remember to leave some COMMENT LOVE for our Guest Kim!



23 comments:

juscrap said...

Its layout was wonderful! I loved the background!

Zanka said...

What a wonderful, sweet page - truly romantic and delicate!Congrats on your feature Kim,great to have you around!

Zanka said...

Wonderful, sweet page, truly romantic and so delicate! Congrats on your feature Kim, great to have you here!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work!! Kim is very talented, can't wait to see her tutorial!!

Rachael Funnell said...

& what a TOTALLY GORGEOUS layout it is Kim....

Dolly B said...

A most beautiful layout. Congrats Kim

Keren Tamir said...

Beautiful Lo and take on the challenge!!

Helen Wallace said...

Love your work Kim and this is another corker.. Look forward to your tutorial :)

Hilda said...

Beautiful, beautiful layout. Looking forward to the tutorial!

Elaine coustley said...

Fantasic layout. Love your elegant cluster , your colour choice I love very romantic. x

Leonie said...

Very Beautiful Kim!

Eila Sandberg said...

Congrats again on your guesting spot, wonderful having you with us!
Absolutely delightful and delicate work Kim! this is truly gooorgeous! I particularly like the subtle masking and how you've flipped the sketch and built up the subtle circle shapes xoxo

Jessy Christopher said...

Such a beautiful layout! Love the details!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Thanks for inspiring us with your beautiful page, Kim!

Anja said...

What a beautiful, beautiful page, Kim!! I love the stenceling, the soft colors and the fragile diecut with the lace flower. Absolutely adorable.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Kim's layout is gorgeous...yay, for learning new skills...you guys rock.

Lizzyc said...

Such a beautiful layout Kim, so pretty and elegant!! I am off to check out your blog!

Nicole H-b said...

A lovely layout, so sweet!!!!!

alexandra polyzou said...

amazing layout!!!!!

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful page! Pretty flower cluster..:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout Kim, Loving the texture.....I too have eight children ranging from 14-26 now.....wish I'd started scrapping 26 yrs ago instead of 4.....looking forward to seeing more of your work xx

Linda Eggleton said...

A truly beautiful layout, Kim! Love the soft colours, textured background & the lacey embellies you've used...they all give it a real romantic feel. Can't wait for the tutorial! :)

Nicole Doiron said...

What a gorgeous layout!!! I am totally in awe! :)